If you notice we see labels on every food or drinks packet we reach for at home, work or on the move. They are on your favorite bottles of beverages, chocolate bars and food packages; they are so common we almost don’t even notice them anymore – but why are food labels so important?
- Customers need to know what is in the food that they are eating. Food labels give consumers a list of ingredients, so they can identify exactly how healthy (or unhealthy) the product in question is. Many people believe that the longer the list of ingredients, the unhealthier the product but this isn’t necessarily true!
- Labels on food are also a great way of advertising your product as consumers rarely buy something without knowing what’s in it.
- Health Risks
- Food labels are also important in helping customers avoid health risks, especially if they have allergies or ingredients they should avoid.
- By keeping your customers informed of the potential risks to their health, you help them decide on the best product for them – and food labels play a key role in this.
- Labels on food, and especially medicines, are vital when it comes to questions on its use. Cooking instructions, appropriate storage methods and other key pieces of information are listed on food labels.
- Offering helpful information on your food labels gives consumers confidence in using your product, especially when it comes to cooking instructions as this gets the best flavor from the food and helps them avoid sickness.
We have product specialists ready to help you at 562-945-3486